Computer Networking Technology Diploma
The program is designed to match national job market requirements; expressed by the national professional standards set for computer networking technicians.
Training for this program involves general English language skills, mathematics, basic methods for human communications, and interaction.
Further, training covers the basic skills required for computers and operating systems; in addition to specialized skills required in the fields of computer networking; including switching & routing technologies, building local as well as wide-area networks. Further the program touches upon securing networks.
Included within the computer networking program, addressingcolleges, supervised by the General Authority of Private Training affiliated to the General Corporation for Technical & Vocational Training, we find that trainees receive 1600 training hours, in addition to another 420 training hours received in the job market.
Graduates of the program are granted a diploma certificate in computer networking. It is equivalent to high education degrees issued by the technical colleges in the same specialty. It is expected that graduates may work in the fields connected with computer networking: either as a computer operator, a registrar of information or as a technician of specifications and standards.
General Objective of the Program
The program aims at providing the trainee with skills and information essential for practicing work in the field of computer networking, commensurable with the fourth level of the national qualifications system.
The Detailed Objectives of the Program
At the end of the program, the trainee shall be able to
- Assemble a computer system.
- Participate in works related to computer networking.
- Design computer networks.
- Prepare a working plan for implementing a computer network.
- Implement a computer network.
- Monitor performance of the computer network.
- Offer the technical support for works related to computer networking.
- Insure the continual operation of the computer network.
- Use technical terms related to computer networking.