The program is designed to match national job market requirements; expressed by the national professional standards set for assistant accountants.
Training for the program involves general English language skills, mathematics, basic methods for human communications, and for interaction with others .Training includes basic skills required for the administrative technology, in addition to the specialized skills required for accounting, such as taking over bookkeeping operations for commercial & industrial corporations, government units and companies, and non-profit organizations. They also include computing & collecting zakat and taxes, in addition to various aspects of costing accounting in the various concerns, stores systems: including inventory of property and using of modern technology.
Included within the program, we have accounting for the institutes supervised by the General Authority of Private Training affiliated to the General Corporation for Technical & Vocational Training, trainees receive 1568 training hours, in addition to another 420 training hours received in the job market.
Graduates of the program are granted a diploma certificate in administrative technology, with major in accounting; which is equivalent to high education degrees issued by the technical colleges in the same specialty. Graduates may work in the fields connected with accounting as assistant accountants, bookkeepers, treasurers, issuing officers, storekeepers, property officers, zakat and tax officers or assistant auditors.
General Objective of the Program
The program aims at providing the trainees with skills and information essential for working in the field of accounting, commensurable with the fourth level of the national qualifications system.
Detailed Objectives of the Program
At the end of the program, the trainee shall be able to
- Take over bookkeeping and costing accounting for commercial and industrial concerns.
- Participate in preparing concluding fiscal lists beside other financial reports.
- Participate in the workings of property and inventory commissions.
- Participate in the monitoring and internal auditing commissions.
- Prepare various financial entitlements reports, together with matters related to the cuts and increments.
- Using computer in accounting work.
- Take over treasury and stores work.
- Use technical terms related to accounting.